Monday, January 17, 2011

The Long Road Ahead


   Tonight marks my last free night before another long full semester of classes. In one way I am dreading the next 3 + months of long hours studying, driving back and forth to school, staying up late to get my assignments done. But at the same time I am looking at it as a milestone. I have roughly another 10 classes before I embark on the biggest decision I've made for myself in a long time..applying to nursing school. Wow..yeah it gives me the willies, but at the same time I'm proud of myself for taking a huge step towards being an independant adult for the first time in my life. This is going to be my first real career and that is scary and hopeful all at the same time. I know that this will give me and my family the opportunity to strike out and find our place in the world, to finally be set free of our financial woes and we can start living for ourselves.
  I would also like to take a moment to thank my very good friend Misty for her great encouragement about my decision to make a long term choice for my family. Sometimes it takes someone on the outside to show you that you really are moving in the right direction, even when you feel like you're going in circles.
  So, here is to another prayerfully great semester at school. I plan to dive in head first and I know that God will be with me through the difficulties. He is my strength and I know that this is his will as much as it is my own. Thank you Lord for the opportunity, the blessing, and the encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. he is your strength--cling to that, friend!!! and i'll be your cheerleader whenever you need one. :) and yeah, it'll be one heck of a long road, but just think: seriously, in 5 yrs, 10 yrs, where your family will be. who knows? maybe cat'll have a younger sibling at that point, or maybe you'll have found a calling you didn't even know you had. so, many prayers for you and this single step begining a long road's travels. love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support. I've been having a hard time here lately, still learning that I need to lean on God, he's the one that's going to get me through this journey.

    ReplyDelete