Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Season


I'm sitting down to write today mostly to release stress and work out my thoughts on paper. Our daughters 3rd birthday is in a few days and I have to admit I am lost in the awareness that I can't stop her from growing up..moving on..and no longer being my precious little bundle of joy.
  I'm sure every parent comes to this realization when they stop and take a step back from the hectic hay day of life. Wow..my baby is starting to become a little girl..where has this time gone..the time of being up all night..rocking and swaying her to sleep..the bottles and woobies..and mid afternoon snoozes..now it's dresses and tea parties..and soon it will be boys..and college..where is my life going..
  I feel so wound tight with the stress of trying to figure out my own life..juggling school full time..with a child..a husband..dishes always needing to be washed..laundry never ending..feeling like my duties are overflowing each day like Mount Vesuvius on a bad day. I know that I too often forget to stop and thank God for these precious moments..these times of folding tiny little socks..of cleaning sticky finger prints off of the refrigerator..this is the good life..this is the time that I will be at my best..and at my worst.
  Thank you Lord for this tiny blessing..this sweet..beautiful..little girl..Thank you for bestowing her upon us..Thank you for believing in us..and blessing us so greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment